Did I open a can of worms or WHAT?!
So this is a follow up on the blog post about “Overly Sensitive Military Wives”.
I understand I touched on quite a controversial topic. I didn’t realize it would create such a wild fire!
I have to admit I have been quite “humored” by their responses on my blog post and their Facebook page. Overly Sensitive Military Wives (OSMW) and their fans have only proven my point – they promote cyber bullying, and have absolute no shame in the matter. They are just as bad as the military stereotypes they say bring shame to the military community. I now feel I have a duty to continue with what I started…
As I stated in my blog post before, I am not against the OSMW jokes … I am against the “playground” they ENCOURAGE for people to practice their bully tactics. The OSMW do very little to moderate their followers’ comments and posts. As a person who knows what it’s like be bullied, indirectly or NOT, then I feel that I HAVE RESPONSIBILITY to speak out for those people who have been genuinely hurt by these posts. This has gone beyond “The Freedom of Speech” act, and what they don’t realize is that there are also many, many, many acts in place AGAINST bullying. Those acts are taken FAR MORE seriously than “The Freedom of Speech” act.
Let’s take a quick look at the facts I am so strongly against…
- People have shared their opposed feelings with the page owners, and OSMW will only make a point of singling them out by quoting their messages of concern and making fun of them.
- Encouraging fans to single people out by posting a real life photograph of someone that fit their jokes and then making a laughing stock out of them.
- Encouraging fans to share disgusting opinions and comments about certain people that is beyond the line of being acceptable and humerous.
- OSMW have the option to tailor their page so that people cannot post certain things on their page but they don’t.
- If OSMW were professional and as entertaining as a real comedian, then they would ADMIT to their mistakes and take responsibility for people getting hurt.
- Posting a few charitable posts does not mean you have created a balance of power – if it did then there wouldn’t be people like me willing to take it further than just a blog post sharing my opposed opinion.
I will STICK to my points because I know for every one of their fans, there are two more people opposed to them…because that’s Karma and it’s groups like this that make the world a difficult place to live in.
You will find attached a petition against their page, and with the support of Basewives, I WILL put an end to this, so that for the people who see the seriousness in this can feel at ease knowing that there is something there to protect them against this form of cyber bullying.
If you agree with what I have to say then please sign the petition on this page and help end the trend of Overly Sensitive Military Wives and others like them who find entertainment in cyber bullying!
Thank you for reading, and please note that any mean, nasty, or bully-like messages I receive from the fans of OSMW will only prove my point further and be used to support my petition.